April 09, 2007

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter! In Hawaii it was a beautiful, bright and gorgeous Easter Sunday. I was a little sad because it was going to be my last Easter here in Hawaii... I will miss this sunshine and these people and singing in the choir.

It was a busy morning with Easter events. The start of the day was a 6 am baptism at Ala Moana Beach Park. My friend, student from Japan, got baptized. It was the first time for me to see a baptism at a beach, and it was just so beautiful with the sunrise and everything. I had known her for about three years, since before she came to Hawaii. With my busy schedule as an excuse, I wasn't being as supportive as I wanted to be, just talking over the phone occasionally, but it's really a miracle that our friendship combined with many other people's led to a great impact on her life. Congratulations!!

After the baptism, I just made in time for the choir call time for the 8 am service. I thought that singing and sitting through three services would be really hard, but it actually wasn't. It's probably because of the great selection of music, the spirit of worship shared in the choir, and the never-boring message. The picture is me with the sanctuary (a ballroom) in the background where Easter services were held, taken between the services. I may be looking a little tired. I am in light green because the choir was to wear any color you'd find in Easter egg baskets ;) The flower drapes were a special decoration for Easter.

No comments: