April 10, 2007

Internet distraction

I was in my dorm room almost all day yesterday. Being in my room and trying to work on papers does not automatically make me that diligent. There is so much distraction here - especially the Internet. Yes, planning for a trip is very important, it is a short trip that needs to be planned very carefully, and it is justifiable to some extent, but some things just have to have a priority. I can't spend hours browsing pictures of where I'm going (I can see with my own eyes when I'm there!) or studying a bus map (When I get a paper schedule there I can plan faster). I still have to finish these papers and going on a trip near the end of a semester means I have to be ahead in course papers. OK, so, today, I have to write more. Maybe I should plug out this Ethernet cable...

The picture is a Thai Pavillion, and I see this just outside the dorm room window. It was rebuilt/redecorated last year, as the original one from many years ago was too old and could break at any time. Craftsmen came from Thailand to work on assembling and painting (and probably carving?). It's really nicely done, and many people sit and rest there. Sometimes people get too relaxed, forget that there's a dorm right there, and chat rather loudly, but it hasn't been that bad yet.

No comments: