May 09, 2007

Cleaning up!

Yes, I turned in the paper, and the semester's now finally officially over! It's so nice to have things done. The grades are not in yet, but it's time to relax and celebrate :-)

And I started cleaning up my stuff. The first is returning books to the library. I brought three full bags of books to the library and emptied the bags. I have some more in my room, but I might need these some time, so I'll return them later.

Next is selling old books! I never did this before, because I thought I might need the books later and just put them in the storage. But this time, I don't think I want to ship all these books to Massachusetts. So I sorted the books into the pile of those I want to take with me and those I don't, and went to the bookstore with all I can't take. It was my first time, but this system is called "buy back" and most college bookstores seem to buy students' used textbooks back at the end of the semester that they'll sell next semester to other students. I got some quotes from online textbook buying/selling stores, and sold those at the bookstore that were better deals. I was afraid they might give me the bookstore gift certificate - that won't be good for me as I'm leaving, but they really gave me $cash$! Unfortunately, it's not much compared to what I paid for all the books, but at least, it is a better way to get rid of them than throwing away.

No comments: