May 09, 2007

Conclusion written for the second paper :-D

My long spring semester is finally finishing! I've just written the conclusion section of the second and last term paper. I will do more revising and editing tonight and tomorrow, but it feels so relieving to at least have all parts of a paper at hand. And of course I made a back-up in the flash drive too :-)

It's been hard to write a major literature review paper on a topic. I have 34 references, and have read many more that I can't directly relate to the paper and therefore have not included in the references. It's been fun to explore one topic and what others have written, but not having my own empirical data has kept me feeling that the paper doesn't have much original contribution - I know that review is original too...

The photo is from a department's informal end-of-the-semester party. I got leis because I am to wrap up the certificate program in the summer and am leaving before the fall. I think I look a little tired. I have to get a lot of sleep once this paper is over! I just can't believe I won't be in Hawaii after August. I've lived here for four years, and this is my second home.

No comments: