June 22, 2007

Farmer's Market

I am back in Honolulu again, and I went to the weekly Farmer's Market this morning. This is the best source of vegetables & fruit supply for me, and I have visited numerous times over the last four years.

The vegetables there are fresh in general and even fresher in the morning! They are also normally cheaper than those in grocery stores (supermarkets) - I know that China Town is even cheaper, but is a bit far. The market opens up on campus once a week, and then that becomes the closest store I can buy vegetables.

Today I bought a half-cut pumpkin, a bag of broccoli, a bag of 2 cucumbers, a bag of lettuce, a bag of 3 tomatoes, a bag of mini tomatoes, green onions, a bag of 3 carrots, 4 apples, a bag of soy bean sprout, and a bag of small apple bananas. A bag of lychee tempted me - seasonal items are always attractive, but I didn't buy. All the supply of my vegetables for a week in less than $17!

I hope there is Farmer's Market like this in Massachusetts as well :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

野菜・果物をたくさん購入出来、良かったですね。

keiko said...

コメントありがとう!
おかげで冷蔵庫がいっぱいになりました :-)