August 10, 2007

Green Manoa

I am enjoying the green Manoa these days.

I went to Lyon Arboretum two days ago. I've wanted to go there a while ago, but was closed at that time for maintenance. Arboretum is a botanical garden of trees, and is in the deep deep Manoa, near Manoa falls. It is a facility of the University of Hawaii, and the admission is free (donation is accepted).

The arboretum was nicely maintained (even the grass lawn on the hill was mowed!), and is the right size for a walk. Walking in the tropical forest, feeling the shade, the moist, and life of the trees, it was really a relaxing time.

Yesterday, my friends at work took me to Wai'oli Tea Room also in Manoa for lunch. We sat outside in lanai, and the table was right by a little cute garden with a fountain. Surrounded by trees and plants, the tea room also gave such a relaxing moment. The food was really good too; especially the house coffee, curry soup and mango mousse - soooo smooth, soft, fresh, airy and tasty!

Walking on UH campus, I saw a big cannonball tree this morning. It had lots of canonballs and flowers were in bloom. Same one I saw at the Foster Botanical Garden when my family visited for my graduation. I was surprised that I had such one this close...

No comments: