April 23, 2007

Back from the trip

Yes, I am back! And it's so nice to be at home :-) I really enjoyed the trip - meeting people and getting the feel of the programs and the campuses gave me a lot of insights about the programs. Some of the impressions I had before the visit (from website etc.) were very different, and I also wanted to see what the area was like as well. So overall, it was a very invaluable trip, and I cannot thank enough all the people who helped me out during this trip!!!

After making charts and lists of pros and cons, I have decided to attend the University of Massachusetts - Amherst. It was really a hard decision to make, and no school was perfect or really bad. I ended up giving points on each criterion and adding up to make a comparison. In the first attempt, the two top schools scored the same points, and I had to do it again at a later time. There were numerous factors involved in this decision making, and it's really hard to pinpoint a few of these. Anyway, I think I've made a good and fair choice, and I've decided already!! I'm just afraid it may get too cold in the winter.

The two photos come from UMass campus. The first one is by the library - the tall building is the 25 story library with an underground floor, and the second one is taken from its 22nd floor window (East Asia Collection). The town seems to be a nice countryside town, with a nice feel of the history and brick buildings. I've also found and decided on a place to live! Now all I need to do is finish up my study in Hawaii ... Back to reality ;-)

No comments: