July 20, 2007

Moving sale online!

I tried posting on Craigslist.com for the first time. I wanted to sell some big items before moving, and I was going to just print outpost paper on campus, but I thought of posting online to give it a try.

In case you don't know, Craigslist is an online free classified. When I have free time I like to navigate and see what kind of things are on sale and for how much. I also used Craigslist to compare different cities. Before deciding on the city to move to, I visited the cities' Craiglist, and saw what kinds of jobs are out there, about how much the rent is, how much a used car costs, etc.

So this time around, I've decided to try posting some items on craigslist. It's kind of like posting on ebay, but the selling takes place locally. No shipping! I tried posting a microwave and a refrigerator. Deciding for the price was the hardest, but I studied the price people are selling for on Craigslist, and it was fun posting.

The microwave was a bit older and I priced it cheaper, so I got immediate inquiries, and was sold for the asking price in about 30 hours. Some people are going to come and see the refrigerator soon! I didn't think they will sell so well, so it's a nice surprise!

No comments: