September 14, 2007

Busy busy week

It was really a busy busy week and I am relieved I survived it!
Both my graduate school and the school I do teaching at started
a regular semester schedule, and it was the first serious week.
The first week is always just a bit crazy. More to prepare,
more to learn, and more to adjust!

After sitting through 2 classes of 2 hours and half on Wed.
night, I didn't wake up very well on Thursday morning.
I know it's not the best course schedule to have back to back
classes on one night, but those were classes I didn't want to
miss, and that saves me a trip to school too...

What added to the craziness of the Wed night and Thurs morning
was that the temperature dropped quite a bit. It was really
cold waiting for the bus on Wednesday night with a light jacket,
and on Thursday morning, I pulled out a thick jacket I used to
wear in November in Yokohama! I bet it'll be harder to get out
of bed pretty soon.

So after teaching two classes on Thursday morning, I was really
ready to go home and take a long nap. Actually I was thinking I
might go shopping at a mall after school, but I simply didn't have
any energy. Instead, I also went through all my clothes bags at
home, and filled my drawers with my winter ones, taking out
summer clothes into bags and boxes. I was soooo sure I'd never
wear sleeveless or shorts until next year.

Anyway, it felt so good to wake up on Friday morning, knowing
that I wouldn't have to go teaching or taking a class! Of course
I should start reading for the next week though... ;-)

No comments: