January 14, 2008

American History X

I am watching more movies on TV these days.
It works as a motivation booster to study during the day
and gives time to relax at night.
Some of the movies, like the one I watched last night,
even become educational. Something I can learn a lot from.

As I was searching for a good movie for last night
I found this one: "American History X"
It seemed to be out of my range in terms of its violence ratings
but it said it was a great movie on social issues.
So I watched it.

It was really a great movie.
Some part of the movie is very violent and shows racist ideas.
The story was around brothers who held the white extremist
(neo-Nazi) belief, but was not advocating this ideology.
On the contrary, it depicted the unavoidable race issues
in the U.S. society, and how these affect the naive youth.
The story proceeded rather hopefully, but the ending was tragic.

If you haven't seen it, it's a definite must-see "American Society 101."

A short video is available on its official website.
New Line Cinema: American History X

No comments: