January 31, 2008

FREE textbook

I was already so tired.

First week of semester was not easy for me...
As a teacher in the morning I had to get used to getting up early
every morning, which I had not been practicing over the break ;)
As a full-time student in the evening, I wanted to attend first
meetings of many courses to find the 'right' courses for me.

So, when I finished a required course at 6:30pm last night,
I was really ready to call it a day and go home.
But I knew there was a course that sounded like a good elective
and I had told my classmate about it, who got interested in it.
My classmate insisted that we try the first meeting.
Even just meet the professor.
So I dragged my feet to the classroom around the corner.

Waiting for me was a young energetic professor and
an interesting course ... and a FREE textbook!!
The professor said she contacted the author about using it as a
course textbook and the author sent her free student copies!
This book was something I wanted to read, and she said we
could keep them even if we decided not to stay in the class.
How generous (^o^)/

Later I checked the book on Amazon.com and it was sold for $45.
This must be a reward for not giving up :)

No comments: