January 22, 2008

New Driver Sticker

My car is home! I made it home with a car! Yaaaay! (^o^)/

And although it is convenient with a car
and I love the fact I don't have to walk in the cold weather!
I also feel a bit scary sometimes (*_*)
This is seriously the first time I am driving alone.
Today I had trouble fixing at a parking lot ...
And you know what I miss? Japanese new driver's sticker!


The law mandates that a driver with a license of less than a year
must carry magnet stickers like this on the hood and the trunk.
The sticker is a shape of a young green leaf -
symbol of youth and freshness (and lack of experience).

I know some young people hate having to carry this,
but I think it is really a good system.
Other drivers can pay more attention to the new drivers
like keeping more distance or even being a bit more tolerant!

Well, it is true that I take advantage of my clean license record
('Gold Driver' in Japan) to lower the insurance premium...
I think it is OK to get rewarded for keeping my license long
time ago and not forgetting even once to renew my license!
But the fact is that I am totally a new driver!!!

I guess the idea of new driver sticker would not make sense here.
There are soooo many bad examples out there, and
Being 'not a beginner' does not guarantee 'being a good driver.'

Anyway me carrying it will not be any help here...
People can't tell what the sticker means, right? ;-)

No comments: